PR & Communications Officer 12-month Internship - The Football Foundation
PR & Communications Officer Internship – 12 month sandwich course student work placement
£10,000 stipend plus benefits
The Football Foundation is the country's largest sports charity. It funds the development of better sports facilities for communities across the country with money provided by the Premier League, The FA and the Government (via Sport England). Launched in July 2000, the Foundation has so far supported more than 9,000 community sports projects worth around £1billion.
A valuable opportunity now awaits you - the Foundation is offering a year-long work placement to an undergraduate student in full-time education within its Communications and External Relations team. The successful candidate will experience a unique year-in-industry placement in the exciting world of football and in a friendly environment. You will be working with famous names from sport and politics and deliver high-level public relations (PR) and communications activities each week. This is your chance to build an impressive portfolio, be supported with on-the-job training from experienced colleagues.
If you are interested in this unique opportunity to kick-off an exciting career in PR, then please click apply. Later you will be asked to email your CV, examples of your work (e.g. articles and press releases that you have written) and answers to the following questions:
s of your work (e.g. articles and press releases that you have written) and answers to the following questions:
1) How does the Football Foundation relate to your career plans for the future?
2) How will working within this department develop your skills in line with your career aspirations and vocational options?
3) What skills and experience do you want to gain from this internship?
4) Which competency areas are you most keen to develop?
5) Are there any areas where you would like to improve on and be challenged on during this internship?
6) What skills and attributes do you intend to bring to your role that the Foundation will benefit from?
"Not only was the Foundation's PR internship amazing fun, I got to work on high profile projects that made a real difference."
Bournemouth University Student
"I developed real skills and experience - as well as serious contacts and a bulging portfolio - during my sandwich year at the Football Foundation."
Loughborough University Student
Key skills & Attributes:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly creative mind and a keen news-sense
- Planning and organisation; diligence and attention-to-detail
- Ability to work under pressure and IT literate
- Some experience in media or PR is ideal but not essential
- An interest in football ideal, but not essential
The successful applicant will be on a suitable sandwich degree course requiring a year-in-industry or on a gap year prior to starting a degree course (with a university place confirmed). Please note that you will only be contacted by the charity should you be invited for interview.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on 24 March 2013. Interviews are scheduled for April 2013.